Sunday, 1 September 2019

Winter Wildflowers of the West


We've wandered the West for almost three months, the entirety of winter. We saw glimpses of what was to come in Spring when we were in the outback region north east of Perth and we have seen photos of  the spectacular carpets of everlastings that came and bloomed across that landscape, but, although we'd have loved to have seen that, we can't see everything or go everywhere. We have, however, been blessed to find many flowers that have bloomed through Winter and this blog is unashamedly just about the winter bloomings we have been glad to see and to capture. When I was selecting photos for this blog, I had about 160 shots of different flowers. As I have popped lots of shots from the phone onto Facebook over those months, I cut all of those ones out and then went through and deleted ones with flowers in scenes and ones that are common like wattles and kangaroo paws etc. You may decide that there are still far too many and so you may just skip the rest of this blog entry and await Steve's next one of our adventures after Albany!
I do not know the botanical names of these, nor even the common name in some instances, but I do appreciate their beauty and their intracacies and I know where we found them. If you love flowers, then enjoy the final 38 I chose to share.

Each individual flower of the wreathflowers below
Pingrup

There were wreath flowers of pink, deep pink, red and orange
Pingrup

Stirling Range

Stirling Range

Gull Rock National Park

We were so excited to find a Queen of Sheba orchid
Gull Rock National Park

A different coloured Queen of Sheba
Gull Rock National Park

An Orchid of some sort
Gull Rock National Park

Snail Orchid
Jarrahdene

Ambergate Reserve

I think it's a grevillea
Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

The flower of the sundew is way out of proportion to the plant
Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

Running Postman
Ambergate Reserve

Ambergate Reserve

One of the Diuris orchids
Boddington

Boddington

Orchid
Dryandra Woodland

Same orchid showing how small it is
Dryandra Woodland

There were hundreds of these tiny orchids about the size across of a 5c
Dryandra Woodland

Cowslip orchids
Dryandra Woodland

Dwarf Pink Fairy orchids
Dryandra Woodland

Very tiny orchid
Dryandra Woodland

Very tiny orchid
Dryandra Woodland

One of the spider orchids
Dryandra Woodland

Lemon Scented Sun orchid
Dryandra Woodland

Flowering Gum
Badgingarra

I presume this is a grevillea
Lake Grace

Lake Grace

Stirling Range

No comments:

Post a Comment